1.4G Regulatory Feedback Needed

CRITICAL FIREWORKS INDUSTRY UPDATE!! HELP NEEDED!!

The Consumer Protection and Safety Commission (CPSC) is the governmental agency that regulates consumer products that have been shown to be dangerous. CPSC is trying pass a new rule which could result in putting you out of business. The rule bans metal powders in aerial firework break charges.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR MY BUSINESS?

The rule could make illegal most of the aerial products your customers demand the most. To enforce the ban on powdered metals, CPSC will use unreliable, inaccurate, and costly testing procedures (XRF and ICP-OES) which will not fairly account for contamination. This may result in the banning of safe products which consumers have been buying and using for decades. Your business and ours will suffer greatly!

WHAT CAN I DO?

You can make your voice heard by submitting your comments to CPSC via this link – https://www.regulations.gov/comment?D=CPSC-2006-0034-0014.

Feel free to draft your own comments or cut and paste the following:
I write in opposition to CPSC’s proposed rule banning powdered metals in consumer fireworks break charges. While I support making fireworks safer, CPSC’s rule will not accomplish that. Most fireworks injuries are caused by misuse – not powdered metals in break charges. CPSC has not produced any studies showing that powdered metals make consumer fireworks more dangerous. No injuries resulting from powdered metals have been identified. Don’t let this rule be an example of unnecessary government regulation.

Furthermore, the testing methods proposed by the rule are inappropriate. XRF is not reliably accurate when testing fireworks compositions and ICP-OES is expensive and time-consuming making it difficult for use in compliance testing in China. This will result in an unreliable supply of products which will drive up prices hurting American fireworks businesses and consumers.

We need sound regulation that makes sense and works for consumers and industry. Please do not pass a rule that will be ineffective at making fireworks safer, and hurt American business.

THE COMMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 5:00 PM EASTERN TIME, MONDAY, JULY 17, 2017.

PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW. THE FIREWORKS INDUSTRY AS YOU KNOW IT DEPENDS ON DEFEATING THIS RULE!!!

3 Likes

I submitted. Other forums are also doing the same. Get the word out… send to friends, family, anyone that enjoys your show!